Unleash Your Full Cycling Potential with MyWhoosh Power Passport Test
[NOTE: The test protocol was updated on 3rd January, 2024 to get a more accurate fitness snapshot by removing the 30 second interval and omission of certain data points]
Welcome to MyWhoosh, where we believe in empowering cyclists of all levels to achieve their best performance. We are thrilled to introduce you to our groundbreaking feature – the MyWhoosh Power Passport test. Designed exclusively for our platform, this unique test will revolutionize the way you track your fitness and training progress. Get ready to embark on a journey of self-discovery, unlock your cycling capabilities, and take your cycling experience to new heights.
What is the MyWhoosh Power Passport Test?
The MyWhoosh Power Passport test is a comprehensive and dynamic assessment that goes beyond traditional FTP (Functional Threshold Power) testing. It evaluates multiple aspects of your fitness, helping you understand your strengths and areas for improvement. Unlike any other test on the market, the Power Passport test is divided into four challenging intervals:
- 2 x 6 seconds
- 3 minutes
- 12 minutes
Each interval targets different energy systems, providing crucial insights into your VO2max, and FTP capacities. By completing these intervals, you will gain a holistic understanding of your performance, allowing you to make data-driven decisions for tailored training.
Why is the MyWhoosh Power Passport Test Special?
We know that FTP testing is important, but it does not capture the full picture of your fitness. At MyWhoosh, we believe in considering all fitness areas to optimize your training effectively. Our Power Passport test is a notable changer for several reasons:
- Comprehensive Performance Analysis: The Power Passport test provides you with clear data on your performance in all key areas – such as VO2max, and FTP. Understanding how these components relate to each other and influence each other empowers you to train smarter and achieve better results. For example:
- Improving your VO2max performance will lead to an increase in your FTP result.
- A decrease in 30sec power leads to an increase in your FTP while an increase in 30sec power leads to a decrease in your FTP.
- An increase in 3min power leads to an increase in your FTP.
- Personalized Training: Knowing your strengths and weaknesses is the first step to improvement. With Power Passport data, you can tailor your training to target specific areas for growth. Whether it is increasing VO2max or enhancing your FTP, you will have the tools to enhance your performance.
- Real-Life Relevance: In races and competitive events, victories are often determined by more than just FTP. A strong VO2max effort can be a game-changer. With Power Passport insights, you will be better equipped to excel in real-life cycling challenges.
What Happens After the Power Passport Workout?
After completing the Power Passport test, we present you with a comprehensive Ride Report, providing valuable insights into your performance:
- FTP Result: Your FTP result will be displayed, allowing you to track your progress over time.
- Power Profile Report: The Power Profile report highlights data from your 6-seconds, 30-seconds, 3-minutes, and 12-minutes intervals. This detailed breakdown gives you a clear understanding of your performance in each area.
- Improvement Analysis: We provide the percentage of improvement or decrease in each interval. This allows you to identify areas where you have grown and where you might need more focus in your training.
NOTE: In case MyWhoosh detects that you were not able to/ have not put in your max efforts, you will be notified accordingly
How does the Power Passport test factor into MyWhoosh Esports Cycling Events?
Starting September 2023, the MyWhoosh Power Passport becomes an integral part of the categorization and verification process for MyWhoosh Esports Cycling events, with the MyWhoosh Power Passport Test as a mandatory requirement to enter any of these events. Here are key points to consider as you prepare for the test:
- New riders must complete the MyWhoosh Power Passport Test before registering for any MyWhoosh Esports Cycling Events, with the test remaining valid for three months.
- Existing riders need to complete the MyWhoosh Power Passport Test before October 1, 2023, and this test remains valid for three months.
- Events will use dynamic categorization to create fair and competitive racing groups based on the available competitors. There are no set limits to each category, but athletes’ MyWhoosh power passport and other past data will be analyzed and used to group them with athletes of similar ability.
- New entrants without prior MyWhoosh racing history will be categorized based on their MyWhoosh Power Passport Test.
- Riders must video-record themselves performing the MyWhoosh Power Passport Test to participate in MyWhoosh Esports Cycling events. The video must include height and equipment assessment at the test’s start, followed by a weigh-in after its conclusion. The video must be continuous, covering all requirements in one take.
- Failure to fully complete the MyWhoosh Power Passport Test process will result in non-acceptance of the rider’s entries until test requirements are met. Kindly ensure to complete the entire test without skipping any intervals.
- Riders surpassing their projected capabilities from the MyWhoosh Power Passport Test will be asked to retake the test and may face suspension from racing until they achieve results consistent with their actual race performance. Non-compliance or failure to match race performance could result in annulment or disqualification.
Refer to our latest ruleset for more details on the exact rules, test protocols, video-recording procedures, and potential grounds for suspension.